I’m sure you already know this, but you have absolutely no idea who is behind most of the traffic to your website. If you’re lucky to have a 5% conversion rate on your traffic, that leaves 95% of your traffic as unknown.
We’ve talked about some tools in the past that can help close that gap. Regular website analytic tools like Google Analytics, Clicky
, and SplitBee
can give you generic data on location for example.
Tools like Microsoft Clarity
can actually show you what users are doing on your website (via recording), but you still don’t know who they are.
Then there are tools like Happier Leads
that take it to another level and actually tells you the company that anonymous visitor may be from (using the same type of technology as this week’s Cool Tech of the Week).
This week’s Cool Tech of the Week is a tool similar to Happier Leads, except it’s free (currently in beta) and it’s provided by one of the best identify firms in the industry, Clearbit. (Caution: If it’s free, you are the product, so I am sure Clearbit is improving it’s data by using your traffic, just a FYI).
We first mentioned Clearbit in Episode 47 of our podcast
in the context of user enrichment data, they are now taking that data to your website and enriching your anonymous visitors into the company they are from.
Of course, this opens up intent marketing and outreach options for your business and a whole new level of trying to sell your products and goods.
Check it out, sign up and put the snippet on your website and see what you think. A tool like this can help you score leads better and do better outreach to companies that you know are interested or researching your solutions.